Sunday, July 21, 2013

To new friendships, to a new lifestyle

It's been almost a month and a half (started June 10th) at my new job and I finally feel like I'm getting use to this new lifestyle change. The feeling of 6 am's are becoming more like the 11 am rituals that I had been use to ever since I graduated from college. Finding time for myself on weekends mostly and sometimes during the week has also been a challenge, but I'm getting there. I seem to use my weekends more purposefully now and not just a day to 'relax' but a day to really get out and do something fun.

I also can't deny, moving from a different city can be ultimately rough when all your friends are there and not here or they are here but in the 'real' world they actually live an hour or two away from you rather than the mere block away or just next door.

So now that I'm finally getting accustomed to this new change and new job, I feel like I'm actually meeting new people and enjoying my time off. I meet people in the most random ways, but I think that is the best way, when you just bump into someone, rather than having to be in a class with someone or work together all the time. I like spontaneity and finding people to relate to in the midst of my daily life, like perhaps at a bus stop or even while looking for shoes.

Lately I've been so busy that time to really relax is time where I fall asleep. This past weekend I not only got to hang out with my co-workers but I also got to spend time with friends who I hadn't seen in years. That makes me feel good because over the past few years I have been moving place to place, or country to country with no down time to just catch up and relax. I finally feel I'm back where this journey all started with a new view point in life.

I really know how to get to know people, and have open conversations, and without cultural barriers standing between us. I've met people from everywhere, while house hunting, at Domestic Violence (DV) trainings, at work, and even the library. I feel really accomplished to say that I'm actually making it out here in actual 'real' world, as I like to call it. It's a tough transition but I'm slowly but surely getting there.

I'm not quite sure what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I'm happy to be meeting people on the same path. We are all on different journeys but we are taking it day by day to figure out where we want to do. I enjoy the great conversations of passion and interests of our lives and how we don't just stop amongst jobs that only pay us well, but that deep down we are trying to really find ourselves. 

I like the freedom to search, to search within the city for answers and within countless, numerous people with so many real life experiences.

I like the ability to feel progression, I think this city has to offer a lot, not only in the actual 'city, city' but even the suburbs has countless opportunities to do things for fun and just learn about yourself and what you like to do.

I'm happy with my decision of not going abroad. I remember I thought that it was the only way I can grow more and learn to understand myself more, but I feel like I am doing just fine here. It's like a new place for me, where I'm starting all over and through that struggle and challenge, I am growing even more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment